Thursday, June 26, 2008







What up people! This is Shawn Campbell from the Black Irishmen and this is our first post! For those who don't already know, this is a real exciting time for us. My whole family is musically gifted but as the oldest out of six kids, I've been the one who really pursued it into the professional realm. That is until now. But I digress.... Let me explain why it is that I am so excited these days. I have been in the music business professionally for about 6 years now. I moved from Va to New York, and along with my production partner at the time, Marshall Leathers, began to wreck shop! We produced and wrote crazy records for just about everyone underneath the name "The Arkitects." Within a year of moving into the city, I was able to sell music to Def jam, Atlantic, and Sony records. Shortly after that I was the subject of an intense bidding war in between Sony Music publishing and Emi Music publishing. After about 6 months of intense negotiations, I signed to industry heavy weight, the incomparable Jon Platt! Every where I turned, we were winning. This Year has been especially good. I got my first national single this year with Missy Elliott! It is called "Ching a Ling", You've probably rocked to it already if you've gone to any club in the last 6 months. The Song Shot up the charts and went on to bang it's way to the #1 position on 106 and Park!!! Just last night, Missy Elliott won the BET artist of the year...from my song!You might imagine the reason for my excitement is this whole list of accomplishments but surprisingly it is not.I am most excited because of this. Marshall and I decided to part ways about 3 months ago. We had a great time but are wanting to try different things at this point in our careers. Since then, I have begun to produce records with my younger brother Paul, who has surprised us all by becoming one of the best producers I have ever heard , and is now working with me on our new venture called "The Black Irishmen" We have also hired Manny Martinez as an assistant. Manny is also an incredible guitar player and someone to look out for in the future as well! The Black Irishmen are ready to go! We have officially been working together for about 1 month and have already landed two records on Avants Virgin records release!So this is our official first statement. As a person whose been in the business for a little while now, I have a lot of great stories to tell. This Blog is going to be our open letter to you about music, production advice, music shopping advice, music culture trends, politics....whatever! We'd love to hear from all of you...As we move forward with our new story, We will make sure to keep you posted..this should be fun!Shawn
draft
12:41:00 PM
by The Black Irishmen
Delete
1 – 1 of 1

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What you brothers are doing sounds great. Do you work with Unsigned Artist as well?

Unknown said...

Heyy i have seen that you have worked with Cody Simpson!! He is awesome, and i am so much like him. I ma 12 years old,i can sing really well, and i am on the swim team. I am going to get a youtube account and when i do i will have you check out my videos. I also live in Washington!! Thanks!!
E-mail me at beautifullover.hummel24@gmail.com
Thanks lots, Alicia Hummel

heatherjanssen said...

heey :) I'm Heather - 15 years old and live in a small town in Canada. I picked up guitar about a year ago, and have written about 30 original songs since then. I also play piano and sing as well. It would mean the world to me if you checked out some of my stuff on youtube (www.youtube.com/user/heatherjanssen)
I'm just a girl trying to change the world with music, and chase my dreams - I'm sure you know what that's like :)
It'd be great if you got back to me, giving me advice or tips!
Thanks for taking the time to read this :)
lovelovelove,
Heather

(heeatheer@hotmail.com)

heatherjanssen said...

heey :) I'm Heather - 15 years old and live in a small town in Canada. I picked up guitar about a year ago, and have written about 30 original songs since then. I also play piano and sing as well. It would mean the world to me if you checked out some of my stuff on youtube (www.youtube.com/user/heatherjanssen)
I'm just a girl trying to change the world with music, and chase my dreams - I'm sure you know what that's like :)
It'd be great if you got back to me, giving me advice or tips!
Thanks for taking the time to read this :)
lovelovelove,
Heather

(heeatheer@hotmail.com)

Unknown said...

Hey Big Guy,
how can I get a hold of you?
Ron
westrp@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hey Big guy.
What's happening? How can I get a hold of you? How's Little Man?
Ron
westrp@gmail.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.